Here are the guidelines applied to the dialog, most of them are citations taken from Top Ten Eclipse UI Guidelines.
- Offer mnemonics
- Use proper margins size
- Use single quotes for all references to element names embedded in text (Properties for 'Test')
- Dialog title should use headline style capitalization
- Dialog title should relate to the action that brought up the dialog ('Apply Patch', 'Package Selection')
- Dialog title should be short and unique so they can be referred by in bug reports / documentation
- When visible for the first time always set a focus field
- When visible for the first time don't show an error until the user made the first modification
- Eclipse User Interface Guidelines, same article on wiki can be found here.
- UI Best Practices v3.x
- Platform UI/Accessibility Features
and this is how it looks now:
I hope you'll like it's new appearance as much as I do. Those little things can really make you happy and proud.